Re: newbies needing help for graphic login

Richard Lyons wrote:

The increasing frequency of 'help help help' messages from new users who
arrive at a command line console and don't know what to do next is a
good sign: more people moving from doze to Linux, more moving from
fedora and suze to debian.  But there is a real danger of scaring them
off -- and I think their plight is a sign that debian should offer a
little extra help for them.  What do others here think?
FWIW, I have recently written a short article for installing KDE after the basic installation. It is hosted at http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/324 It is not comprehensive by any means, but the idea is to get a GUI as quickly as possible.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi