Re: apt-get update public key problem

Worked for me as well....

Thanks!

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed January 4 2006 11:41 am, John Biederstedt wrote:
> Today I ran apt-get update and got this:
> Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386
> Binary-1 (20051107)] etch Release.gpg
> Ign cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386
> Binary-1 (20051107)] etch Release
> Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org testing Release.gpg [378B]
> Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org testing Release
> Ign http://ftp.us.debian.org testing Release
> Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org testing/main Packages
> Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org testing/main Sources
> Get:2 http://security.debian.org testing/updates Release.gpg [189B]
> Hit http://security.debian.org testing/updates Release
> Hit http://security.debian.org testing/updates/main Packages
> Hit http://security.debian.org testing/updates/contrib Packages
> Fetched 379B in 8s (44B/s)
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://ftp.us.debian.org testing Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>

> I install debian-keyring, and set up a link for debian-archive so
> apt-key update would work.  I became root and imported the debian
> keyring (all of them), and added the debian-roles keyring as well.  I
> also assigned ultimate trust to the debian role keys.
>
> The above still happens.  From googling around, there seems to be a bug
> referencing this or something like it, but I'm curious if others have
> had the same problem, and if anyone has found a workaround, or a way to
> verify the packages.  I've hunted around www.debian.org for keys, and am
> still looking.  I'd like to know if anyone is aware if this is a bug, or
> if the archives are compromised somehow.  I'm sending this to
> debian_user since it seems to me more like a user issue than a real
> testing issue.

I (as well as others) was having this problem as well untill I saw a message
from a Mr. Joey Hess. As per Mr. Hess' instructions, run the following
command line:

wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add -

Once I ran that, the key problem vanished.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.

--- End Message ---