Re: How to get new Debian gpg keys?

Nate Bargmann wrote:

> * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2006 Jan 03 23:29 -0600]:
>> Edward C. Jones wrote:
>> > I am getting the following message from synaptic:
>> >
>> > W: GPG error: http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable Release: The following
>> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
>> > available: NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F
>> >
>> > From what I have read, this is going to happen every January. What do I
>> > do? Where in the Debian documentation is the procedure I need to use
>> > documented?
>>
>> wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc -O - | sudo apt-key
>> add -
>
> Okay, I ran that and here is my output:
>
> # wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc -O - | apt-key add -
> --16:34:23--  http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc
>            => `-'
> Resolving ftp-master.debian.org... 140.211.166.43
> Connecting to ftp-master.debian.org|140.211.166.43|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
> Length: 2,017 (2.0K) [text/plain]
>
> 100%[==================================================================>]
> 2,017         --.--K/s
>
> 16:34:24 (66.33 MB/s) - `-' saved [2017/2017]
>
> gpg: no ultimately trusted keys found
> OK
>

> Aptitude doesn't complain any more so I guess the last line output by
> gpg can safely be ignored.  Shrug.
>
> - Nate >>

I had the same happen. I copied the command line literally, sudo and all,
but I was root. I repeated the command w/o "sudo" and it all went fine.
Now, I don't know if removing the "sudo" fixed it, or repeating the command
did. Seeing that you haven't used sudo, it's probably a matter of the key
not being trusted in the first download. If you execute the command again,
since the key is already tagged "trusted", it downloads and "adds" it w/o
warning.

        Iñaki

--
I h8 foreignas cuz they're grammer sux.