Re: Using both Mutt and graphical email client with maildir

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 09:30:30PM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Antony Gelberg:
> > Not as such, but you could install an IMAP server on the machine, then
> > use Thunderbird (or whatever).
>
> That is my advice, too. Setting up Dovecot for that task should't take
> more than half an hour. It's really simple and does the job very well.
>
> J.
> --

This is an interesting suggestion.  I run dovecot on a separate
machine and could easily set it up here.  The reason I don't use imap
myself is that I use names like "philosophy" "debian" "debian.amd" for
my mailbox names, which don't fit the imap standard (I think the files
all begin with "." and use "." to separate mailboxes, or something
like that).  If I renamed my mailboxes, then in mutt it would be
slightly more tedious to change mailboxes (typing a "." in front of
all of them).  But this may be the way to go.

I'm also going to check out Balsa, evolution, and kmail.

Thanks,

Ric