Re: Want to move from root LVM/LILO to LVM/Grub

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005, Mirko Parthey wrote:
I didn't verify it, but I suspect there is no grub version with such
support.

And depending on how LVM/device-mapper is employed to map the root
partition, it would be *very* difficult for grub to do so.

One may want to ressurect the idea of /boot in a separate, simple, small and
standalone partition for grub use, which nothing more complex than RAID1
being done there...

Or just stick with LILO.
Thanks all, this makes sense now. I re-installed with a regular old root partition for boot and root, and grub installed just fine. Good to know for future reference.

Thanks again.

Jason Martens