Re: Sound on Opliplex GX150

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 05:00:00AM -0700, mulvihill@tiscalinet.it wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have onboard sound working on a Dell Optiplex GX150?
> Mine is completely mute apart from the PC speaker. (It also has
> no sound in Windows so this could be a hardware problem.)

Does Windoze say there is a device driver? If not, go to the Dell
website, download audio driver for that model + platform, you'll need
the s/n (should be on case somewhere). I think there are two to choose
from, don't get the pci multimedia one. Install -- test h/w

If the device driver seems ok to Windoze  -- poss h/w prob

The local school had a Dell Optiplex GX150 donated to them from the
University Library and there was no audio drivers installed, so its
possible thats why Windoze is silent in your case.

Sorry I can't help with the Linux side of things, I didn't get a chance
to venture there. The school ditched Linux a few years ago cause of
printing problems and hassles with the isp :-(

--
Chris.
======