Re: Microphone Problem

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:49:56 +1000, Glenn Meehan <glenn.meehan@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> My microphone is not recording any sound.
> I have a soundblaster live! 5.1
> I am using alsa.
> It works under windows xp.
> I am using kernel 2.6.8. with kde.

Use something like aumix or kmixer to make sure that the microphone level
is turned up fully and also that the "R" Record indicator is set for the
microphone.

On a side note, I have a c-media sound card built into ASUS motherboard
here are my notes for that weirdo:
 - Microphone is only enabled under special circumstances due to
   the necessity for multiple speaker configurations
 - Use the "cmictl -a OFF" or gcmictl program as root to change the
   "SPDIF-in phase" setting from Inverse to Normal.
 - Use the baudline program as a test of the input channel on:
     dev/audio microphone or line etc.

Good luck,
Anthony Tekatch
http://www.unihedron.com/