Re: Disappearing text in Mozilla

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:33:08PM +0800, Mitja Podreka wrote:

Parts of text just disappear if I scroll down the page with mouse wheel or use scroll-bar too quickly. If I use PageUp/Down keys or use scroll-bar slowly it is OK.

This is most likely a refresh problem, where the updates from the X client are too fast for the X server. I get this sort of thing a lot on old computers or when using a slower server such as VNC.

You can probably work around it by rolling up your window and then rolling it down again to force a refresh. Or you may simply need a faster graphics processor. There may be some tweaks in your X settings, too, but they will likely be very card-specific.

--
Re-Interpreting Historic Miracles with SED #141: %s/water/wine/g