Re: starting a vncserver

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:07:00AM -0700, petereasthope@canada.com wrote:

Neither such arrangement is made when the TightVNC server is installed. Can anyone tell me why?

Because VNC can be run per-user, not just per-terminal.

Is a command to start the vncserver in initab sensible? I aim to have the server start at bootup and be available to anyone who can log in to a user account.

No, because vncserver doesn't offer a login. You'd be better off writing crontabs for your users who need a vnc session to start a session whenever one isn't running for that user (think "ps -u foo").

--
Re-Interpreting Historic Miracles with SED #141: %s/water/wine/g