Re: wild aptitude

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 07:56:42PM -0700, Edward Dunagin wrote:

apitude reinstall ymessenger.. and what i got was a
long list of files ( 78 in all) that it said i did not
need.

Aptitude tries to remove files which aren't dependencies and which you haven't installed manually. Personally, I usually just let it remove the files, then reinstall whatever I think is missing as needed--whereupon it is then marked as manually-requested and won't be removed as unused in the future.

I'm sure there's a better way, but that's what I do.

--
Re-Interpreting Historic Miracles with SED #141: %s/water/wine/g