GRUB or Lilo to boot Debian and OS/2

Hi,

I tried installing the latest Debian Sarge Linux from DVD and it
went smoothly until the point where to install the boot loader to
harddrive or floppy. As I am a newbie to Grub and Lilo I am wondering
if I can do the following and how:
- existing system is 2 hard disk drives SCSI ID 0 and ID 3
- boot loader exists on /dev/sda MBR, it is the IBM Bootmanager
- now installed a new drive at SCSI ID 1
- Debian installed to one big partition / and /swap on /dev/sdb

Now if I want to keep the IBM Bootmanager where should I put Grub
or Lilo? I tried root partition but IBM bootmanager did not recognize
the new system at all.
If I want to change to Lilo or Grub and am willing to install it
into MBR of /dev/sda, how can I see if it shows my OS/2 or Bootmanager
in the list of choice?
Is it possible to see the options of Lilo or Grub beforehand the
installation, i.e. in a new login window (ctrl-alt-fX)?

I quickly tried to install SuSE 9.2 Professional and it showed that
it wants to install Grub into MBR of SCSI ID 0 with the option "IBM
Bootmanager", I did not finalise the installation, so I do not know
if it had worked but at least it showed all options of boot loader
Grub which is a very nice thing and it detected my one and only OS
on the system.

regards - Jörg

ECOS.NET - Your Internet-Service-Provider www.ecos.net