Re: How stable is SID?

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:30 -0500, Rick Friedman wrote:

> Currently, I am running Sarge on my home machine. I am thinking of doing
> a dist-upgrade to SID. I am ready to deal with any problems that may
> crop up. However, I DO have other people in the house who use the
> machine as well. I am wondering if SID is, at least, reasonably stable?
>
> Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

some time ago, i downgraded from sid to sarge, because of the time it
used to take me to manage my desktop. i had some problems in sarge, for
example (and this is a known bug), my keyboard lost some bindings in X.
i had to manually edit some files to fix it.
i remember a couple of times that i coudlnot install some pacakages i
_really_ nedeed bocause of unmet dependencies...
on the other side, i like to have cutting-edge software :)

and because of the lack of time, a downgraded to sarge. it works really
fine. and i always compile my kernel, just to have some cutting-edge
soft in mi desktop computer :)

maxi

--
Plantalta random fortune:
Teneski, teneski... viejo poca soda, mascavino...