Re: What's wrong with debian?

On Feb 28 2005, Carl Fink wrote:
> This will not happen, unfortunately, because Debian is a developer-run
> project, and it's much more fun to develop or package NEW software than
> it is to fix bugs in OLD software, so the development cycle is weighted
> to that activity.

Indeed, more quality assurance of the existing packages would be a welcome
addition. And the users could close the bugs that they have opened if they
don't see the bugs in newer versions of the packages (say, if they are
using testing or sid).

If my time weren't so short, I would sincerely think of applying for a
Debian Developer position just to do QA work. I like janitorial things and,
of course, the project needs that.

Just my 2 cents, Rogério.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at: