Re: Is there a GPL substitute for RealPlayer?

Terence wrote:
Does this work under linux?  All I see on the site specifies
"Win95/96/2000/XP" or "only Win2000/XP".

Try Google for "Helix"

Actually, I just tried xine. So far, it has handled all file formats that I have thrown at it, including Real Media live streaming audio and canned shows from NPR, as well as Real Media Video (.rmvb) and Quicktime video (.mov). I may yet be able to get rid of Real 10, and all the other progs that I have been trying that can not play .mov files.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com