Re: Re: recover ext3 deletion

on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 05:43:12PM +0400, Danielyan, Ashot (ashot.danielyan@lycos-europe.com) wrote:
> Hi
>

> I've run
>
> rm /*/*
>
> as root
>
> Can I recover all deleted files?

Yes.

From your regular, updated, comprehensive system backups.

Ext3 doesn't have an undeletion feature and by its design breaks several
characteristics which allow this at times under ext2.

Peace.

    I thought about it all night. Since I came here I said there were two
    things that concerned me related to Novell: one Novell partnering with IBM
    and two Novell coming at us at the desktop. Both fears have now come true.
    - Jim Allchin, Microsoft Corp., Jul 17, 1991  All that's old is new again.