Re: Linux or K3B issue???

Kent West wrote:
Chinook wrote:

In my trials today I've had no problem creating and restoring a data
CD,  but I can't get K3B to do anything with DVDs.

The "Writing" window basically says:

i  Starting writing...
x   :-(  /dev/hdd: unable to proceed with recording: unable to unmount

Looks like KDE is perhaps automounting the DVD (which seems odd,
assuming blank DVDs are blank/unformatted - but I'm unfamiliar with
burning DVDs).

What's the output of "mount" after you've inserted a DVD for burning?

Don't know what to answer other than the debug output in the first post. I can't find any *k3b* log files. Is there somewhere else I should look?

Also, is /dev/hdd really your DVD?

k3b calls it what it is when I select dvd whatever?

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hda6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/hdd        /media/cdrom1   iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

Thanks,
Lee C