Re: Re: udev package and sysvinit

I appreciate your help.  It did seem to work: I had to install sysv-rc and I did purge hotplug.  After reboot I could not find the usb camera although the syslog showed several entries for a new Fuji drive and one was “... sdb: sdb1”, so I thought I could mount /dev/sdb1 but I get an invalid device error.  My network is through the usb200m device and although the modules are loading, I have no net.  Ifconfig just shows the loopback device.  I do have a “/dev/net/tun” entry so I thought the net should work.

Thanks again for your detailed response.

Winton Roseland

Excellence In Motivation

(937) 824 8327