Connecting a Windows laptop to a Linux internal network

Hi There,

I have an internal Linux network.  I want to add a Windows XP Professional laptop to this network so that I can share files.  I am using SAMBA on the Unix side and think I have the global and share sections of smb.conf set up correctly, though maybe not.  I tried to find the Linux system using DOS Command Net View and only found the laptop, no Linux in site.  How have any of you made this type of connection?  Microsoft.com was not any help at all.

If you have set ups like this, how did you configure SAMBA and the Windows machine?  If you have examples of one or both, it would be very helpful.  Thanks for your time.

Take care,

Ed