Re: Firefox 1.5 plugins

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:25:08 -0500
"[KS]" <lists04@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Ken Wahl wrote:
> > What worked for me was re-creating the symlinks that were in
> > /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins in the new plugin folder for
> > firefox 1.5 which is /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
> >
> > For example with the flashplugin-nonfree..
> >
> > cd /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
> > ln -s /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplayer.xpt flashplayer.xpt
> > ln -s /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so
> >
> > The above has to be done as root.
> >
> > I also had to do this with my java , acrobat and helix player plugins.
> > The only plugins that automagically made the transition were the
> > mplayer plugins.
> >
> > HTH
> >

> I think I can just copy the symlinks from my
> /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins to /usr/lib/firefox/plugins and it
> should work fine. But the upgrade should have been smart enough to copy
> the symlinks automatically. Or atleast there should be a warning before
> the upgrade starts.

The links belong (are created) by the packages that provide the plugins (flash,
mplayer etc.). They are the ones that should create the plugin links in the
first place, but they haven't been changed yet to handle the new package
(firefox instead of mozilla-firefox). You can file a bug against the offending
packages although I guess they will handle it soon.