Re: X Window hangs completely, except for the mouse

Gert Brinkmann wrote:

You could try a clean setup (a Knoppix Live CD, e.g.). I guess that it
is a hardware problem. Or are you using the same configs in sarge and
etch? Perhaps you are driving the card at its limit?
The X configuration is the same in sarge and etch. A clean setup (at least of sarge and of etch) doesn't solve the problem. And, if you mean overclocking the graphics card -- no, I haven't done this myself.

I should also note that some time ago (in January 2004, if I'm not mistaken) I was using Red Hat 9 and Fedora Core 1 on the same machine (don't remember the version of X server), and everything was fine.

-- qvvx