Re: X Window hangs completely, except for the mouse

qvvx wrote:
> I seem to have a trouble with the X Window System.
> My video card is nVidia GeForce 2 GTS (64 MiB of memory)

I run an Nvidia card too (FX5200), and it was as unstable as yours when
using the Debian defaults with the nvidia driver. In the Nvidia docs,
open the README.txt file, scan for "unstable" and it will refer you to
AGP issues.

Option "nvAGP" "1"  does indeed work with XFree86, it's extremely stable
for me but I have not yet tried it with xorg.