Re: X 7.0 .debs????

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 21:59 -0600, Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez wrote:
> Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> >> So, X.org 7.0 is out?  When will it be in Etch?  Tomorrow, right?
> >>

> > Ron,
> >
> > I know that you know better than that :-)
> >
> > You've been around long enough to know that it takes a while for things
> > to happen in Debian.  Now, I do know that David Nusinow (I believe that
> > is how you spell his name) has been prepping for the release of the
> > modularized X.org.  However, there are about a bazillion (that is a
> > technical) packages that are stalled at the moment because of one or
> > another transition that is ongoing.
> >
> > Regardless, it will happen eventually.
> >
> > -Roberto
> >

> I think Ron wanted to be funny about that ;)

Someone's going to ask why 7.0 isn't in Etch *yet*, and how *bad*
Debian *sux0rs* because it isn't in *yet*, so I figgered I might
as well get in a preemptive First Question, so that when some real
numbnuts asks, we can all disdainfully tell him to check the fscking
archives!!

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big
enough to take it all away."
Senator Barry Goldwater (R-AZ)