Re: Firefox and XFCE4 session management

C. Chad Wallace wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to get Firefox to load automatically in an XFCE4 session? Most programs (specifically Gaim, Amarok and Terminal) will just reload with the same state if I log out and choose "Save session" with them open. Firefox doesn't do this. I'd like to have Firefox load on session start-up with two particular pages loaded in two tabs.

The two tabs can be accomplished by opening the preferences dialog and at the top of the general section putting the two URLs separated by a pipe (|) character. As far as getting firefox to actually start when XFCE starts, I am not sure.

I'm sure I could write a session script to do this, but it's much more convenient to just be able to set stuff up as I want it, then log out and save my session. My KDE-zealot co-worker informs me that Konqueror does this perfectly. ;-)

Yeah? Why don't you ask your co-worker if Konquerer has a cuddly orange fox for a mascot? I don't think he'll have a sensible answer :-)

Thanks.
Chad.

-Roberto

--