Re: [OT] Gmail POP fails

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 06:59:24AM +0200, roach wrote:
} On Tuesday 20 December 2005 02:29, Michael Marsh wrote:
} > Could this be your problem?
} > https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10289&topic=1511
}
} No, thats not my problem. :-(
}
} > I've had no problems with Gmail POP.
}
} Could you, please, tell me which mailer your using, your settings and your
} Gmail POP setting. I might be missing something. I hope I'm missing
} something.
[...]

My fetchmail line (which clearly works since I receive debian-user mail
through it):

poll pop.gmail.com with proto POP3 port 995 and options no dns
    localdomains gmail.com anthropohedron.net
       user '<my username>' there with password '<my password>' is 'gsslist' here options fetchall ssl batchlimit 10

Note that I use batchlimit so that if, for some reason, there is a large
backlog of messages it won't make exim4 unhappy. I could change the limit
in exim4 instead, but this is easier and works well.

} Robert "roach" Spencer
--Greg