Re: [debian-vrms] Re: Suggestions for vrms package?

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 09:49:17PM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Hi Clive and everybody else that replied.
>
> On Dec 19 2005, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > I use it and it seems to work well :)
>
> Nice that you have vrms installed. :-)
>
> > I'm at a bit of a loss as to what you're thinking in terms of
> > development; ie. what more one would want it to do unless you're
> > thinking along the lines of recommended free alternatives to
> > proprietary software.
>
> I have already received some good suggestions like:
>
> * an option for listing contrib software;
> * an option for ignoring non-free packages when they are documentation;
> * an option for suggesting alternative software to something in non-free.

I installed some non-free stuff (openmotif) in an attempt to sort
out apparent interface problems - lesstif didn't play right and CDE
which includes non-free Motif was apparently correct. Purged openmotif
and associated packages when it turned out the  problem was elsewhere
but openmotif remains listed as a non-free package.

If you purge a package, could it please disappear from the vrms listing?

Andy