[Solved] Re: Partitioning problem -- no writepermission to partitiontable

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 09:40:35AM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

> One thing to look for on these machines: if you replace the MBR
> with GRUB or LILO or the like, they like to go into "system recovery
> mode" where they undo the changes you made. With these machines
> it is better (IMO) to let the Windows Boot Manager manage the boot
> (if you want dual boot, that is). You can still use GRUB or whatever
> after that, and even boot different versions of Linux using GRUB
> or LILO if you like.

Everything works like it should. My problem was a little error in NTFS,
the laptop has now also a working Debian Sarge installation. I'm using
Grub as boot-loader, and so far this has not given me any troubles.

Thanks to all those who helped me.

/Severino