Re: Question on backups using rsync

On Monday 19 December 2005 11:44 am, Mike McCarty wrote:
> It looks like you also don't have /backup on there. What
> else did you not mention that you don't put on your backups?

Nothing else <g> /backup is a mountpoint for /dev/sda1

> "Can I, starting with a bare-metal machine, do a standard
> install and then recover my machine using this backup?"

> The answer to the first is "it depends", and the answer to the
> second is "no".

Well how about using a mondo-rescue of everything except /home
for reasons of size, and then once mondo has repartitioned/formated/
reinstalled everything then restoring my more current rsync.

--
IMO, the primary historical significance of Unix is that it marks the time in
computer history where CPUs became so cheap that it was possible to build an