(G)Vim Oddity

I just noticed something weird with my (G)Vim installation
when editing generic config files. The syntax highlighting
colors appear wrong. Could somebody do a test to confirm if
this is really a bug or just a misconfiguration on my end?

To do the test, create two files both named "udev.rules"
(perhaps in two different directories to avoid any
collision).

Put the following lines (with no blank lines above, below or
between them) in the first file:

# Line 1 is a comment colored Blue
# Line 2 is a comment colored Blue
Line 3 is not a comment, so is colored Black
# Line 4 is a comment but colored Black

And put the following lines (again with not blank lines
abover, below or between them) in the second file:

# Line 1 is a comment colored Blue
# Line 2 is a comment colored Blue
Line 3 is not a comment, so is colored Black ()
# Line 4 is a comment now colored Blue

Now open the file in GVim. The dummy text of the two files
should explain the problem. GVim displays the text in the
colors I listed for each line. The colors for console-mode
Vim should differ slightly but should display the same
pattern.

Note how addition of a pair of parentheses to Line 3 of the
second file "causes" Line 4 to be displayed in the right
"comment" color.

--
Albert Einstein: Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn
Wissen ist begrenzt.