Re: How do I get my Kernel Back?
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:34:35 -0500
"David R. Litwin" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Do to the recent problems with yaird and the new Kernel Image (suffice it to
> say), I have... removed my one and only kernel image.
> How do I get it back?
> I tried to do this from Knoppix but it doesn't seem to work. I will try
> again soon and give more details. Unless some one can point out an obvious
> reason why this wouldn't work. That would be great.
> Well, thanks much.
> —A watched bread-crumb never boils.
> —My hover-craft is full of eels.
> —[...]and that's the he and the she of it.
- boot system with KNOPPIX
- set up the network in KNOPPIX (netcardconfig)
- mount the debian root partition
- mount additional partitions (/usr /var ...) IF you have them (my guess is you have Debian just on one big partition
- chroot to the Debian root
- use apt-get/aptitude to install the linux-image, but don't forget to FIRST EITHER downgrade yaird OR edit /etc/yaird/Default.cfg and add
right after the "MODULE evdev" line
Hope this dows the trick