Re: UOL Anti-Spam

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 03:49:42PM +0000, Niall Donegan wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 19 December 2005 09:39, Gene Heskett wrote:

And I made a post to this list, instantly answered by a 5kb chunk of undecipherable html from <petsupermarket.sspam@uol.com.br>.

How the hell do we get rid of this?

Good luck with that. Unless petsupermarket.sspam@uol.com.br has some way
to whitelist the mailing list, about the only things that can be done
are to either ignore the mails, or kick that email address off the list.

I told sieve to throw anything from that address away and haven't had a problem since. I imagine most mail programs have some way to filter the mail so you never see it, whether you do it at the server end such as with procmail or with your local client.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/