Silicon Image 3114 and Seagate?

I am getting ready to purchase a system that has the Silicon Image 3114 SATA controller. I understand that it is well supported, even by the default kernel in Sarge. However, I was also planning on getting some Seagate Barracuda drives. Based on some things I found via a Google search [0], I am a bit hesitant to get that combination. Does anyone on the list have any firsthand experience with Barracuda drives on a 3114 controller? What have you encountered?

-Roberto

[0] http://www.google.com/search?hl=es&q=linux+3114+seagate&btnG=B%C3%BAsqueda+en+Google&lr=

--
Roberto C. Sanchez