Re: KPPP won't go on the internet

Hi Ludovic,

After doing a couple of Debian and several Kubuntu installs, I've found it
neccessary to do only two things (as well as I can recall) to get them to
connect to a dial-up isp:

1. Create an empty 'resolv.conf' file in /etc/ppp, and

2. To edit the '/etc/ppp/options' file and change the 'auth' to
'noauth' (which resolved the problem you are having - for me).

There are a couple of other files where you can add 'noauth' and also the kppp
setup gui has a place for this as well, and I experimented with these, but
none of them worked for me.  I had to change everything back to default, and
just make the two changes I listed above.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew Kovacs