Re: Re: Changing over to udev

|> > Plain old static device files can still work, udev is just a nice
|> > convenience that makes life easier.
|>
|> ... or would be if it actually worked.

What have you had trouble with?

I have 2.6.14.4 and udev 076 from testing and everything just worked (on
2 desktops and a laptop) with no interference from me. I wrote udev rules
for a camera and 2 pendrives, but that wasn't exactly hard, and udev has
made using those enormously easier.

One of the things that I appreciate it is the way I can plug in
a USB soundcard and the right module is instantly loaded and the right
device files are created in /dev/snd/. I just don't have to think about
any of it.

Jim