Re: mozilla-firefox and firefox packages

Darryl Clarke wrote:

> the 'mozilla-firefox' package is changed to 'firefox'.  Due to
> trademark issues of course.
>
> the only 'firefox' package should be the 1.4.99+ one, the
> 'mozilla-firefox' should be 1.0.7 -- they conflict, because 'firefox'
> is a replacement for 'mozilla-firefox'

Well the trademark issues reason is understandable as there has been
lots (yes lottttts) of discussion on that topic. So if firefox is
available as 1.4.99+1.5rc3, why is it that an apt-get dist-upgrade does
not replace my mozilla-firefox with firefox? Some info on when/if this
will happen or not would be appreciated.

/ks