Getting the Euro symbol on to my keyboard

I want to get the ability to generate the Euro symbol from my keyboard.  The
symbol itself is etched in to the "4" key (on the bottom right).

I found this

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-euro-support/ch-configure.en.html

which is (a probably somewhat old) howto on adding the symbol.

Apart from the fact that is assumes that you should use 'AltGr e' for the
symbol (it points to a non existant EU document), I fall at the first hurdle,
because it suggests running dpkg-reconfigure -plow locales and selecting your
locale with the @euro after it.

en_GB (being a UK resident) is what I want to set, but there is no @euro
option available.

So whereto now?