Re: fsck errors on boot

I downloaded 1.38-2 e2fsprogs and e2fslib and used dpkg -i to install.

Lazar

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

Z F wrote:

> << big snip >>
>
> In my case, I downgraded the e2fsprogs to 1.38-2 and the errors went
> away.So, even it it is not e2fsprogs, downgrading the package fixed
> the problem. Some other rudimentary errors remain though.
> THese have to do with complains that some files are corrupted
> in /etc/modprob.d directory. Files look good to me, so maybe
> some other package needs to be downgraded too.

So forgive my ignorance, but how did you downgrade? I tried apt-get
remove e2fsprogs and that is definitely a bad idea. Also tried apt-get
install -t testing e2fsprogs, but that says e2* is already newest
version. Do I need to pin the version in apt.conf? or use dpkg to
install the .deb for older version?