Re: [OT] good laptops

On 12/14/05, Jacob S <stormspotter@6texans.net> wrote:
> I'll second the recommendation for IBM thinkpads. But as Wim said, they
> are more expensive than other laptops.

If the cost of a Thinkpad isn't prohibitive, and XP isn't a
requirement, another option is to get an Apple laptop.  You get a
friendly interface, a reasonable selection of third-party software,
and considerably less vulnerability to malware.  I know a number of
people who are very happy with their Powerbooks, and some of them are
fairly hard-core Unix guys.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh