Re: umsdos under 2.6

On 12/12/05, Martin Lefebvre <dadexter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well if -t vfat gives you the same error, you can try redoing the
> filesystem on the USB drive. I've seen that happen when the device is
> not properly unmounted, or if something bad happened to it (mine was
> dropped... still works, but I had to redo the FS)

Yikes! memory segfaulted there for a sec

Before you do something so "drastic", at least confirm that your
kernel has msdosfs and VFAT support by checking in /lib/modules.

Does the USB thingy work on other machines or with Windows for example?

--
Martin Lefebvre
eMail: dadexter@gmail.com

WWW: https://sigterm.homeunix.com