Re: scsi device naming / driver built in kernel 2.6.x

Hi,

On Monday 12 December 2005 14:52, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> There is a work out with udev See the article in
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/126.
> same principle can be applied for your USB hard drive.
(should probably read
  ... can be applied for your SCSI hard drive)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm booting and mounting /
from /dev/sda. As far as I can see the udev solution needs
some user space tools that are available only after the boot,
i.e., after the disks have already been named. Or did I miss
something here?

Thanks, Thomas