Re: (Trouble at booting) Re: problema al bootear

On 12 Dec 2005, Paul Scott wrote:
> Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

> >Same problem here, with the difference that I don't have any windows
> >running, is pure debian, one hard disk. After upgrading and immediate
> >reboot, the kernel is unable to find some /dev/*something and suggests
> >'Control + D'. I found easier to just reboot with image 2.6.13.* and
> >wait for another image to come. Hmm. I am surprised that not many have
> >reported the same.
> >

> Same problem here.  Just did most of the current sid updates.  New
> kernel:  2.6.14-2-k7  Googling doesn't give any help.
>
> Paul Scott

Apologies for a me-too, but I've just had the same experience, both here
on my desktop and also on my laptop (Thinkpad R50e).

I thought it might have been something to do with needing udev, which I
don't use. Rashly, I installed it on my laptop and the consequence was
that it removed hotplug and now I shall have to reinstall everything in
order to get my wireless connection to work (don't ask why, long
story).

A bad day at the races.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian