Re: Querying packages about installed files

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 03:57:59PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> I'm not much further ahead of you, so let me give you one last tip, if
> you didn't find it out by yourself already: apt-cache searches also by
> package description. This is one feature i would like to have in

Do you mean like
 ~$ aptitude search ~dpattern
to search "pattern" in packages' description?

Works also in the visual mode. See aptitude reference manual
(/usr/share/aptitude/README) for details about aptitude's search
patterns and other cool stuff...

> aptitude (if it's there i missed it, though i went twice through the
> docs). The package name is often not very obvious.
>
> Andrei

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature