Re: How to make a raid 1 on a webserver on woody remotely

Of coursee kernel suport RAID.
!!!Before you do anything, make backup of data!!!
 You must format disk, so that it can be used as raid. Best would be if
you'd have 2 new harddisks. Format them as raid and mount them. Than you
can copy data in to raid. System files would stay without redundancy.
With coping system files, it is risky(once i wass succesfull, once not).
You could reinstall system to be sure.
If you have just one new disk, then risky way would be:
format new disk as raid, add only one disk into raid. Copy data into
raid (with one disk missing). Than format old disk as raid. Add old disk
to raid. Raid should sinchronize disks (copy data to added disk).
This is just idea. Once i wonted to do it this way, but it did not work
and i had to reinstall the system.

   Dexter