Re: jerks

On 12:36, Thu 08 Dec 05, Glenn English wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 19:48 +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:
>
> > > Anybody have any idea how to begin tracing this down? Or maybe a better
> > > explanation of what's going on?
> >
> > Have you checked dmesg output? Perhaps messages about spurious interrupts?
>
> Nope. Lots about setting them. Nothing about interrupt troubles. The
> string 'spur' isn't in there.
>
> Some whinage about the keyboard, though. I don't expect much here, but
> I'll poke around some.
>
> --
> Glenn English
> ghe@slsware.com
> GPG ID: D0D7FF20

When I first seen this subject line I thought you were
calling the list a bunch of Jerks! My bad!

Have you tried a livecd, it almost sounds like a hardware
problem? Did it run like it should under it's former OS?

I would really look at the logs, as suggested make sure that
smp is working. Also it might be a good idea to make sure
your drives are working at the proper DMA settings. Are you
using the proper arch? Just because you buy Sun, and it uses
AMD Opteron's doesn't mean it's a spark.

Gnu_Raiz