Re: Setting local time.

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

Ken Heard wrote:

In any event I ran it just now and found that the KDE clock applet in the lower right corner of the panel now shows local time when it should, rather than UTC.

base-config configures the settings for the system time. Each user can opt to configure the kde clock to show something entirely different if he/she likes.

I know that now. My problem which prompted my original post was that I was unable to get the kde clock to show *as local time* any time other than UTC. I also know now that on boot local time had been set to UTC, and I did not know how to change it until you told me about base-config. Thanks.
				Ken Heard
				Toronto, Canada
				Museologist, specializing in
				technology and transport