Re: WIFI Card DWL-G510 (Atheros chipset) installation problems

David, thanks for the pointers, but I'm still not there yet. I
followed the instructions in the link you sent me and it's helping,
but not solving yet.

Here's what I've done:

I installed the wireless-tools, ndiswrapper-utils, and
ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.8-2-686 for my kernel (the stock 2.6.8-2-686
one I'm running)

Then did this:
1.
falcon:/home/ed# ndiswrapper -l
No drivers installed

2.
falcon:/home/ed# ndiswrapper -i dwlg510_driver/manual/WinXP/mrv8k51.inf
Installing mrv8k51
Parse error in inf. Unable to find section W8100PCI.zerocfg
Parse error in inf. Unable to find section W8100PCI.zerocfg
Parse error in inf. Unable to find section W8100PCI.zerocfg
falcon:/home/ed#

What's up with the errors? Anyone know?

3.
 falcon:/home/ed# ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
mrv8k51 driver present
falcon:/home/ed#

4.
insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/ndiswrapper.ko

Now I still have no wlan entry in dmesg and iwconfig yeilds nothing but
falcon:/home/ed# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.
eth0      no wireless extensions.
sit0      no wireless extensions.