Re: WIFI Card DWL-G510 (Atheros chipset) installation problems

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:54:26PM -0700, Ed Young wrote:
> I need some help getting this wifi card working under Linux. I have it
> working ok under Windows.
>
> lspci returns
>  0000:00:08.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc.:
> Unknown device 001a (rev 01)
>
> I believe I need to use ndiswrapper to get this card working. It's
> listed as supported in the wiki, but I'm having trouble figuring it
> all out.
>
> Do I need to build the ndiwrapper module and install it and tell it to
> use the windows driver (XP)?
>
> What are the steps or is there a reference I can use?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Did this this morning :)  apt-get install madwifi-dev madwifi-source
madwifi-tools module-assistant and one of linux-headers / kernel-headers

Use module-assistant to build the madwifi kernel-modules

modprobe ath-pci

modprobe ath-hal

Then reboot and enjoy :)

Andy