Re: Filesharing on small LAN

Lars said...

>  >I have a mixed XP and Linux network here
> And you never have time-outs or similar?

Very rarely. Usually, the problem boils down to a Windows prog getting
its knickers in a twist. Restarting the app fixes the problem. However,
if we just leave the network alone, the it just works.

> Almost every time the
> connection time-out's and i can't see any desktop-icons untill i
> force-quit it.

I don't understand what you mean. Which client? What desktop icons (I
don't use them)? Do you mean device icons in KDE?

--
Best,
Marc