udev local rules

Hello List,

I am migrating from `hotplug' to `udev':
at this stage I am trying to write local rules.
I read the documentation provided within the package `udev',
and succeeded to make basic stuff for my USB stick. I have just
tried to do the same for my USB mobile hard drive, but without succcess:
the two configuration may be very similar.
I suspect that my local rules are not at the right place inside `/etc/udev/udev.d':
where must we place the local rules wrt the Debian policy ?
is there any relevant documentation on the subject ?
or the issue is still very new ?

Thanks in advance,
Jerome

--