Re: screen resolution

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:58:51 +0000
Bob Hynes <rhynes1@comcast.net> wrote:

> Can someone remind me how to change the screen resolution in Debian when
> the "Configure - Desktop" application doesn't have the option for 1024 X
> 768? I can't get anything higher than 832 X 624 at 75Hz. I know the
> system is capable of it with Windows.

Same suggestion as already posted:

"with   #  dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86     .or.   xserver--xorg
gives you that opportunity."

: with the additional suggestion that you find out what horizontal sync
and vertical refresh your monitor is capable of before you reconfigure
so that when you get to the monitor configuration step you can choose
advanced and type in the correct ranges for example:

HorizSync       31-85
VertRefresh     50-160

: are the numbers for my monitor (ViewSonic 21PS).

If you have the documentation for the monitor these numbers should be
in there, could be on a sticker on the monitor as well, if not google
for it.

Later, Seeker