Re: touchpad don't work at startup

On 11/21/05, Philippe Grenard <philippe.grenard@m4x.org> wrote:
Le Samedi 19 Novembre 2005 22:29, Lorenzo Lopez a écrit:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a laptop with a touchpad and it don't work at startup. If I want
> the touchpad work, I have to open a terminal and, as root, type the
> following commands:
>
> modprobe -r psmouse
> modprobe psmouse proto=imps

if that works for you put that line in /etc/modules.auto
that will load the module for you automaticaly every time you boot you machine

Meni

Hi!

I've added "psmouse.proto=imps" in my grub's " menu.lst" file for the kernel I
boot, and everything works fine.
edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add "psmouse.proto=imps" on the line
corresponding to your kernel

> I have udev 0.068-2 and hotplug installed on my system.
>
> Does anybody know if I have to modify the config files for hotplug in
> some point?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> --